180 Degrees Consulting UNSW completes social impact projects for charities, NFP’s, social enterprises and public sector clients. Our university-based Consultants and Project Leaders work in teams to conduct analysis and create innovative solutions to help clients achieve strategic and operational goals. We were named Best Branch in the Asia-Pacific Region at the 180 Degrees Consulting Global Awards ceremony in 2017 in recognition of our high-impact initiatives and strong client and student feedback.
We welcome and encourage all students from all faculties and degree levels to join our organisation. Past Consultants and Project Leaders have come from Bachelors, Masters and PhD programs in the fields of Law, Medicine, Engineering, Commerce, Music, Science and Arts.
A semester at 180 Degrees Consulting UNSW typically consists of:
- Weekly meetings with your project team to problem solve the toughest challenges for socially-focused client organisations
- Client meetings (3-4 times per semester) to present your findings and insights
- Industry mentor meetings (3 times per semester) to receive guidance and feedback from an assigned mentor from a global consulting firm (mentors in 2016-2017 have been from BCG, Oliver Wyman, L.E.K. Consulting, Nous Group and Infosys Portland)
- Our comprehensive training program covering the topics of Problem Solving at 180DC, Excel, PowerPoint and Presentation Skills
- Social events to bond with the rest of 180DC and the leadership team
On top of this, you will have access to unparalleled opportunities such as workshops with sponsor firms, our Asia-Pacific conference and various other personal and professional development opportunities across the consulting and social impact space. Our alumni have gone on to join firms such as McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, A.T. Kearney, Goldman Sachs, and founding startups which have secured 7-figure investments.
There is no better opportunity to develop, learn, and make friends to last a lifetime than at 180DC UNSW!
We provide high quality consulting services for socially-focused projects; including, but not limited to:
- Organisational strategy
- Social impact measurement
- Operational processes
- Marketing and fundraising
- Revenue generation
- Volunteer recruitment
- Human resources & employee development
Our project cycles run each year from March-June and August-November each year, and our clients are based primarily in Australia. We warmly welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in undertaking a project with our organisation.
You can read more about 180DC UNSW in our Branch in Focus piece.
For enquiries, please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
High St, Kensington, NSW, Australia
University of New South Wales (UNSW)