180 Degrees Consulting at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) provides students with the opportunity to engage in consulting projects with charities, social enterprises and non-for-profit organisations. Working in teams, our Consultants and Project Leaders conduct research, analysis and create innovative solutions to help these organisations achieve and expand their social impact. We give students the opportunity to gain leadership skills and consulting experience while driving value through high-impact, collaborative work.
We welcome and encourage all students from all faculties and degree levels to join our organisation. Past Consultants and Project Leaders have come from Bachelors, Masters and PhD programs in the fields of Law, Medicine, Engineering, Commerce, Music, Science and Arts.
A semester at 180 Degrees Consulting UNSW typically consists of:
- Weekly meetings with your project team to problem solve the toughest challenges for socially-focused client organisations
- Client meetings (3-4 times per semester) to present your findings and insights
- Industry mentor meetings (3 times per semester) to receive guidance and feedback from an assigned mentor from a global consulting firm (mentors in 2016-2017 have been from BCG, Oliver Wyman, L.E.K. Consulting, Nous Group and Infosys Portland)
- Our comprehensive training program covering the topics of Problem Solving at 180DC, Excel, PowerPoint and Presentation Skills
- Social events to bond with the rest of 180DC and the leadership team
On top of this, you will have access to unparalleled opportunities such as workshops with sponsor firms, our Asia-Pacific conference and various other personal and professional development opportunities across the consulting and social impact space. Our alumni have gone on to join firms such as McKinsey & Company, BCG, Bain, A.T. Kearney, Goldman Sachs, and founding startups which have secured 7-figure investments.
There is no better opportunity to develop, learn, and make friends to last a lifetime than at 180DC UNSW!
You can read more about 180DC UNSW in our Branch in Focus piece.
For enquiries, please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
High St, Kensington, NSW, Australia
University of New South Wales (UNSW)