The Legal Officer will provide guidance and advice on legal matters related to 180 Degrees Consulting. This includes corporate governance, contract compliance, risk management, and employment and labor issues.
The Legal Officer reports to the Executive Director and works alongside a team of paralegals.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with nonprofits that are registered in either the United States or Australia. This role is perfect for an established lawyer who is seeking a flexible volunteer opportunity with scope for a global impact.
- This role is voluntary, with significant levels of flexibility in how and where you allocate time during the week.
- You must be able to commit to 10-15 hours per month.
- You must be able to commit for the duration of 2017.
- Provide advice and guidance on corporate governance, contract compliance, risk management, and employment and labor issues.
- Law degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of legal experience as a licensed attorney in either the United States or Australia.
- Highly motivated, details oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently as part of a virtual team, taking initiative to meet shared deadlines.