As a Senior Developer you will be an essential part of a development team responsible for the enhancement and maintenance of Compass, our cloud-based project management platform. 180 Degrees has 81 branches around the world, which collectively affect positive change in the world through 700 consulting projects sponsored by just as many clients. Compass is the key to our success because of three reasons. First, it keeps us legal as this is where we store client engagement contracts. Second, it also hosts a treasure trove of data, which allows us to track engagement progress and analyze consultant and client feedback. Third, it’s the medium by which we invoice clients after the project is complete.
It’s a massive undertaking for sure, but Compass directly facilitates the scale at which we can operate – working as a Senior Developer at 180 Degrees offers an opportunity to write code that will enable us to grow from 81 branches to 250 branches, serving thousands more clients and students each year.
The Senior Developer will report to the Chief Information Officer.
The ideal client will be an experienced full stack developer, looking for a way to contribute to the social good on a global scale. However, we welcome anyone with proficiency in PHP, looking to gain experience in a live environment while working for a good cause. A level of training and guidance will be provided for those who need it.
- This is a volunteer role, with significant levels of flexibility in how and where you allocate time during the week
- You must be able to commit to 5-8 hours per week, including a regular weekly team meeting
- You must be able to commit for the duration of 2017
- Work as part of a development team to consolidate the existing code base, plan, develop and roll out functionality and user experience improvements
- Liaise with the finance, consulting, operations and business development teams on desired functionality and generate a rational development plan for these improvements against our organisational strategy and priorities
- The ideal candidate will be a full stack developer with 1-2 years experience in a professional environment
- Proficiency with PHP, or a willingness to learn fast, is essential
- Experience developing on the Salesforce platform is a major plus
- This position may suit a recent computer science graduate looking for work experience
- The ideal candidate will live in Sydney, Australia but anyone with high levels of self-motivation and a willingness to work independently in a virtual environment towards shared goals and deadlines will be considered
- High levels of time management and personal organisation essential.