The world’s largest university-based consultancy, now at DTU.
Delhi Technological University was established as Delhi Polytechnic in 1941 and transitioned to Delhi College of Engineering in 1965, before being declared a State University in 2008. It is the second oldest engineering college in India and the mother institution of a number of national institutes including IIT Delhi, NSIT, and the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), and has notable alumni across the globe, through the past 79 years.
With names such as Vinod Dham, the ‘Father of the Pentium Chip’, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, the founder of PayTM, Surya Kant, the President of TCS, and numerous senior-level position holders in major MNCs, DTU boasts of a legacy and one of the strongest alumni networks in the country, a number of whom are and have helped solve some of the biggest problems that the Fortune-500 companies face.
With the aim of maximizing our individual learning capacity, cohesive internal communication and reciprocity with our clients, we aspire to fill the opportunity gap of our socially conscious clients with professional, result-oriented and highly efficient operational assistance.
Founded in January 2019, our vision for 180 DC-DTU regards it as an inclusive, supportive, and value-driven branch where every consultant is encouraged to uphold responsibility, is provided professional development, and empowered to do work that will make a true difference in society.
We pursue social development with a focus on practical values and real impact. We leverage high-quality training and interpersonal development through projects and professional guidance.
Our services include, but are not limited to :
- Financial Modelling: Designing market strategies based on a deep understanding of how pricing is connected to the business’ goals and what competitive pressures are affecting the market.
- Market Research:Perform competitor and consumer perception analysis and provide actionable insight.
- Marketing & Branding:Effective communication with potential target audiences with bespoke solutions.
- Analytics: Providing diagnostics for assessing our clients’ current digitization and analytics potential, and tools to help clients adopt architectures built on sound practices for data.
- Supply Chain Optimisation: Designing and Implementation of operational strategies that stand the test of time, significantly boosting both productivity and effectiveness of core processes.
- Business Planning: Evaluate geographical/operational expansion possibilities with precise focus on target groups in various locales.
- Product Design: Design team works to deliver breakthrough products and market-entry platforms to fully support the product launch.
We are looking for students who share our fascination with consulting and are intensely enthusiastic about the learning curve it
provides. We emphasize students to explore the 180DC global experience and utilise the exposure for implementation in the local business environment.
Candidates are expected to:
➔ Demonstrate high cognitive abilities and problem-solving skills.
➔ Show a genuine drive and passion for real social impact.
➔ Display expertise or interest in a relevant field apart from consulting.
➔ Dedicate 4-5 hours per week working on projects.
Upon joining, the selected consultants will:
➔ Undergo an induction program consisting of over 20+ hours of training and discussion to augment their skill-set
➔ Receive specialized training and mentorship sessions from business professionals.
➔ Engage in at least two unique consulting projects each semester.
➔ Learn the complexities of the various disciplines by working with specialised teams such as Marketing, Partnerships, and Analytics.
➔ Gain networking opportunities with over 150+ branches across the world and the 180DC Global Leadership Team.
The recruitment will be held in September 2021 for the position of Consultant.
- Case Tribunal – As an internal training initiative, a debate-case competition was held where each side picked a stand and debated with their research and analysis through data provided.
- Case Competition Handbook – The team authored the Case Competition Handbook, a comprehensive 50-page guide covering all possible aspects with an aim to foster competitive case-solving across the university.
- Casebook 2021-22 – With an increasing number of students inclined towards the analytics and consulting domain, a comprehensive university casebook was launched in association with Training & Placement Cell of the university. The second edition of this casebook will be launched soon.
- BizQuiz 2.0 Unlocked – The branch organised BizQuiz 2.0 which focussed on evaluating the Business and Technology acumen of the participants, through intriguing puzzles and trivia.
- Think 180 Case Challenge – With its aim to breed young professionals with the best Business acumen, 180 DC organised a National Level case study competition in collaboration with Quollab.
If you represent a socially conscious enterprise or a non-profit that is interested in utilising the consulting services that 180 Degrees Consulting DTU offers, we encourage you to get in touch with our Partnerships Directors, Mridul Gupta, at [email protected] or Adarsh Chawla, at [email protected].
He will be able to give you more information about our client engagement period, offer you more detail about our services and work with you to understand how to best we can help your organization.
Find Out More
For further inquiries, please mail us at [email protected]
Delhi Technological University, New Delhi, India
Phone: +91 9811710289
Delhi Technological University